FC3 installer unable to automatically create linux partitions in extended partiton

Cyber Source peter at cybersource.us
Fri Jan 21 13:42:57 UTC 2005

Do you think ANYTHING would be possible to install an os into an
EXISTING partition WITHOUT complete data loss!!! You need to remove a
partition and create some space, it CANNOT upgrade into a DOS partition.
The installer can create the partitions just fine as I've done it many
many many times, with or without LVM. and just because it starts to
create with LVM, you can change that too right there, with no size
limitation, unlike windows. Did windows put in there release notes that
the default would now be NTFS???? NOT. If you want to install xp/2000 on
a partition larger than 40GB with the windows installer, does it make it
completely impossible to create anything other than NTFS? YES it does.
Does Linux/FC3 give you this forced partitioning? NOT. Before you
declare a problem with something, you should think through what your
doing and ask questions. I, like many others on here, would be more than
happy to help, However, simple unassuming questions are answered more
accurately and faster than assumed declarations. IMHO

--
cybersource.us
115 Richfield Road