iptables isn't blocking IP

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:02:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:45:32 -0600, David Hoffman
<dhoffman2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:35:26 -0500, Kevin Old <kevinold at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > My Logwatch report this moring is below.  It appears that IP
> > 218.145.54.195 has attempted to connect to my SSH daemon 500 times.
> > I'm confused at how that can be as I added that IP several days ago to
> > the iptables
> >
> > /sbin/iptables -I OC -s 218.145.54.195 -j DROP
> >
> > and a /iptables -L OC shows that he's in there.
> >

> You have a chain called "OC" already? Do you have anything in your
> input chain that calls the "OC" chain?

David,

Yes, I have a chain called "OC", and no, I don't have anything in my
input chain that calls the "OC" chain.  I wasn't aware that I needed
to call the "OC" chain from my input chain.

Can you provide syntax of how I might do this?

Thanks for your help!
Kevin
--
Kevin Old