Beware of bind-9.2.4-8_FC3:20 (was BIND (Network Manager)

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:07:07 UTC 2005

Quote:
I would love to know if the same problem has occurred that I am struggling with.

Please look into your /var/named directory where you should find a few
other directories and static links to the files which are actually
located in the /var/named/chroot/var/named path. If you find that
there are more files in the chroot path then make static links for the
extra zone files back into the /var/named path. then try restarting
the DNS service.

Friday I will get to look at this myself on another of my FC3 installs
at work. I believe now that this is the initial problems I have had
which I fixed by making the static links back to the non-chroot path.

Someone explain this to me??

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle.
It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.