Backing up several Windows machines to a Linux server

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Jan 22 01:46:39 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 21.01.2005 schrieb Rodolfo J. Paiz um 23:49:

> 	1. Amanda (http://www.amanda.org) only seems to do backups to tape,
> yuck! I definitely want to back up to a hard drive: much faster and much
> cheaper, and I can then replicate the data store and take it home on my
> notebook. :-) At most we will have 10GB or 20GB of backups, not
> terabytes or anything huge.

> Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>

Without judging whats best in your situation, I can say that amanda is
able to use a hard drive as backup target. I can handle directories on a
drive as "virtual tapes".

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.9_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:44:06 up 7 days, 10:06, load average: 0.51, 0.47, 0.53