total NFS newbie needs help

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 22 02:15:27 UTC 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 16:45, William Hooper wrote:
>Gene Heskett said:
>[snip]
>
>> But I cannot connect with the NFS choice on the machine I'm trying
>> to install FC3 on.  And at the point in the install, there is no
>> other shell available, so all I can see is the cannot connect
>> messages once I've filled in the address of this box and the path
>> on this box to those iso's.
>
>What are you putting inf for those values?

The correct data for this machine, either as the FQDN or its
192.168.xx.xx address, and the path on this machine thats exported,
as in '/usr/dlds-misc/FC3'

>> So at this point I have no idea if the network driver
>> the installer has loaded is wrong or what.
>
>Check the log on the nfs server for connection attempts.

It logs an authenticated connection but doesn't say if successfull or
not, here is all that shows up in messages:

Jan 21 19:43:09 coyote rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
shop.coyote.den:786 for /usr/dlds-misc/FC3 (/usr/dlds-misc/FC3)

then silence till the next time I go thru that loop on the target box.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)