wacom

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 03:45:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:33:26 +0100, Julien Pons <julienpons at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone here using a Wacom Intuos under Fedora Core 3 ?

I'm using an older Wacom ArtZ-II (serial cable rather than USB).  But it
works fine, although I had to install a separate X Window module
(which doesn't come with Fedora).

It works great, including pressure and tilt.

You'll probably need to visit this site and download the
wacom_drv.o driver.  I think it's currently at version 0.6.6
   http://linuxwacom.sf.net

Don't get confused though...there are TWO wacom "modules".
There is a kernel module (which is included with FC3), and
an xorg module (which is not included).

Of course in FC3 you'll be editing the xorg.conf file instead
of the XFree86.conf.  If you get that and still need help let us
know.  I can show you what I did (although you'll need to figure
out the USB stuff).

There is also a Wacom HOWTO, although it's pretty old and may
not be as useful,
http://tiamat.club.fr/computer/howto/Wacom_USB-Mini_HOWTO.html

--
Deron Meranda