boot / startup problem

Kinsey rkinzilo at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 04:59:25 UTC 2005

I did as Tony suggested and it is indeed a video
problem. OS as installed does not recognize the
Gigabyte NVidia video card OR RealSync LCD monitor.
I didn't write down all the error messages and am not
familiar enough with commands to edit the file in
question (not unlike DOS but different enough that I
don't "get it" yet), but as it happens I am taking a
six-hour introductory Linux class this and the
following Saturday so after I get back home tomorrow
I'll play with it some more to see if I can get it
going, and report back here afterward. Thank you for
your help. The response level on this site is amazing.

-Kinsey