Mailman + squirrelmail ONLY through https://

Manojav Sridhar manojav at manojav.com
Sun Jan 23 04:27:48 UTC 2005

i use virtual hosts to do this.. i have the follwoing vhost entry, its
KISS solution i think.

i am assuming that you have https up and working. i am forwarding a port
from a router to the apache server with sqmail.

i am using httpd-2.0.40-11.7. this is all you should need.

give it a go.

<VirtualHost myhostname:443>
         DocumentRoot "/data/squirrelmail"
         ServerName mail.mydomain.com:443
         CustomLog logs/mail.mydomain.com-access_log common
         ErrorLog logs/mail.mydomain.com-ssl_error_log
         TransferLog logs/mail.mydomain.com-ssl_access_log
         SSLEngine on
         SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
         SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
         SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key

         <Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
             SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
         </Files>
         <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
             SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
         </Directory>

         SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
                nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
                downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
         CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
                  "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

  </VirtualHost>