Getting NVU-0.70 for Fedora 3

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Jan 22 17:30:19 UTC 2005

Shawn McCuan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering where I can find an RPM for NVU-0.70 for Fedora 3. Ive
> tried installing the fedora Core 2 version from nvu.com, but, it gives
> me an error stating that I must first install gtk+2, but, I don't know
> where to get that either. I have tried:
>
> yum install gtk
>                 gtk2
>                 gtk+2
>
> I'm fairly new to Linux, and I don't yet completely understand how to
> build from source, so, an RPM is preferred.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Shawn McCuan
> mccuan at wave3.org

What do you get when you in a console (you don't have to be root for this):

rpm -qa | grep gtk

This will list all the packages containing the keyword gtk installed in
your ssytem, usually the gtk+ 2 package is called gtk2-2.4.14, I find it
odd you don't have that one installed, or one of the files to satisfy
dependencies has another name or installed to another path than the spec
file in the RPM package expects it to be found. What's your desktop
environment, by the way?