How do I install FC3 from CD's (thanks)

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Sun Jan 23 16:38:19 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 20:13 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > sea in the future. so i should not throw the SRPMs CD's away. should I?
>
> no you shouldnt. you have already burnt those cds and they are useful
> if you want to rebuild any software from source.

Although if you ever do need/want to rebuild from source, those srpms
are already out of date. There have been lots of updates for FC3
already.  So, I think in general, you'd be better off grabbing the newer
SRPM from your local mirror when it comes time for rpm rebuilding. YMMV.

OTH, If you just want to learn how to rebuild an srpm, then it wont much
matter much how old your source is.

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>