syslogd not starting

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Sun Jan 23 16:44:21 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 08:27 -0800, David Williams wrote:
> --- David Cary Hart <Fedora at TQMcube.com> wrote:
> > Have you tried simply reinstalling sysklogd?
>
> Yes, that was one of the first things I tried.
> Reinstalled the previous version as well.  Same
> message at startup.

Well I guess that getting additional information from the syslog file is
out -;)

libc.so.6 is part of glibc. The current version is 2.3.4-2.fc3. You
might also want to take a look at the prelink log for errors.

You should have the following links:
/lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.4.so and;
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.4.so