FC3 freaking out esporadically (at hibernation)

Xavier Gonzalez xavier.gonzalez at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 20:41:42 UTC 2005

I have been having some problems with the sound and video system ever
since I had to roll back from 2.6.10 to 2.6.9 in FC3 in my T42. Aside
from the nuisance this was causing me initially, it did not cause me
enough stress to look into more deeply. However, for the last couple
of days sometimes when I set my laptop into hybernation mode and then
try to use it again (weak up or whatever) it freaks out. First, the
keyboard does not seem to respond properly when trying to input the
password for the lock screen. Then, after restarting it, it will freak
out for a large number of times when bringing up the networking system
and the driverloader. After I few times of having to forcefully
shutdown and restart, it will finally go through.

I looked into the kernel ring buffer (i.e. dmesg), and I was not able
to conclude anything other than what appears to be some latency
problems with my wireless connection (Intel PROWireless 2200BG), and
some ide2 problems.

Eitherway, I am sending an attached text file containing output from
dmesg. If anybody has the time and willingness to find out what's
going on, please let me know if you see anything that might be of use.

Thanks,

-X