Bizarre weirdness with del key and GNOME Terminal

Neo ssawgift at 163.com
Mon Jan 24 08:54:17 UTC 2005

D. D. Brierton wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 16:21 +0800, Neo wrote:
>

>>DEL key handling sucks in GNOME termial in FC3. If I set it to generate
>>ASCII DEL in the profile Preference dialog, it actually generates
>>BACKSPACE. I have filed a bug report in bugzilla, but did not recevied
>>any update yet. :-(
>>

>That may be true, but it doesn't explain why GNOME Terminal behaves
>perfectly in a brand new account that I create. I'm only experiencing
>this in my account.
>
>Best, Darren

Sorry, I was not trying to answer your question. I don't have any idea
why it is so strange.

BTW, I have similar conditions as you in that:

1. I installed FC3 on a fresh box.

2. The account is a fresh new account.

What I differ with you is that the box is a virtual machine inside
Microsoft Virtual PC 2004.