2 users on one FC3 system?

Analog Kid sid.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:38:42 UTC 2005

Hi,

   My friend and I are planning to invest on a high-performance Dell
Dimension 4700 with all the "max" specs (costs about $ 2500) for
running a highly memory and processor intensive design software on
FC3.

   Is it possible for the two of us to work on the same system (i.e.
CPU) simultaneously under different user logins? We do have 2
monitors, 2 keyboards and 2 mouses. What is the best way to accomplish
this task so that we both can share the available computing power
simultaneously? Do we have to build a mini-LAN? In that case would we
need another CPU?

   Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sid