ATI graphics card driver

August fusionfive at comhem.se
Mon Jan 24 18:18:41 UTC 2005

On mån, 2005-01-24 at 07:17 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am Sonntag, den 23.01.2005, 22:10 +0100 schrieb August:
> >
> > In changing the resolution back and forth i got a refresh rate of
> > 85Hz,
> > but now the ATI driver doesn't load. As far as I know, the only
> > configuration file modified by system-config-display is xorg.conf.
> >
> > When kernel-module-fglrx-<kernel version> is installed, what
> > configuration files are modified? Do I have to do
> >
> >         yum remove kernel-module-fglrx-<kernel version>
> >         yum install kernel-module-fglrx-<kernel version>
> >
> > to make it work again?
>
> No, that won't help.
>
> /usr/sbin/ati-fglrx-config-display enable
>
> really should work. If it really doesn't work try
>
>         yum remove ati-fglrx
>         yum install ati-fglrx
>
> CU
> thl

The problem is really that my eyes require nothing less than a refresh
rate of 85Hz and I don't know how to achieve that with the ATI driver
which sets it to 72Hz (my monitor can even do 120Hz in 800x600). The
ironic thing here is that the default display driver, which ought to be
less sophisticated, gives me 85Hz (but no 3D support of course). I have
no obscure hardware in any sense; an Asus A7N8X-X motherboard, an ATI
Radeon 9600 Pro graphics card and a Samsung SyncMaster 15GLi monitor. I
use a resolution of 800x600 pixels.

--
August