Creating a bootable CD or DVD for Fedora 3...

thebearwitchproject thebearwitchproject at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 19:41:53 UTC 2005

 --- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> Alan :) wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> > I'm new to the list and I would like somebody to
> point me to the right direction.
> > Is there a FAQ where I can get information about
> creating a boot CD or DVD?
> >
> > The problem:
> > ------------
> > 1) I downloaded all the *.iso CD images.
> > 2) How do I go about creating a boot CD to start
> the installation process?
> >    I found instructions to create a boot CD using
> linux tools but I don't have linux installed to use
> these utilities and so here is my chicken/egg
> dilema.

Most burning tools will burn .iso into proper working
Cds, as said in a previous reply iso is a disc image.
Try using Roxio, Nero or Magic ISO. I believe the last
2 have trial versions you can download off their
websites.

If not and you are in the UK I know of atleast one PC
magazine (not linux) that has Nero on its' cover disc.

I have downloaded various liux distro ISOs and burnt
them using the programmes I have mentioned.

I am a beginner with linux so can offer no advoce on
what to do after you have burnt and installed fedora,
but burning I can help with.

Jay