Disk Druid - No post-install?

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Jan 25 03:09:27 UTC 2005

Steven Pasternak wrote:

>I have used RedHat 6.2-FC3 and have NEVER had Disk Druid (or equivillant) for
>use AFTER installation. Suse has Yast which works when running the system,
>and Mandrake has DiskDrak, but RedHat doesn't have anything but fdisk!
>WHY???????? It couldn't be too hard to make an RPM of it. I personally (no
>offense) think that is stupid! Why have a graphical partitioner for
>installation, but only fdisk afterward? Even M$ crap has a disk manger!

Even though fdisk and derivatives are easy to use, and even though
qtparted is a very good program, as you I find the lack of Disk Druid as
a rather odd situation... In my opinion it just kind of leaves the
distro a little bit "incomplete", but that's just me. I certainly hope
this issue generates enough interest from the Fedora mantainers and crew
to actually include it in one of the Core releases.