EMERGENCY - mounting an LVM

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 04:14:14 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

I have a problem with my FC3 system. I hadn't rebooted in several
months, so I did so this morning. The system stopped at "GRUB". I put
in the Rescue CD, but it doesn't seem to like my LVM and won't mount
it.

I can mount my /boot partition at /dev/hda, but that's it. I have a
feeling my /etc/fstab is messed up and may be telling the rescue cd
that the LVM is just an ext3 at /dev/hda2.

(I had several fstab's for several systems in the etc, I think I left
the wrong one named "fstab" instead of "fstab.sysname").

Can anyone tell me how to mount this LVM so I can fix the fstab and
GRUB? I really don't want to lose all of my data..

Thanks in advance...

Joe