Japanese Language in Fedora Core

superespectacularisimamente-spambuster at yahoo.fr superespectacularisimamente-spambuster at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 25 12:20:15 UTC 2005

 --- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> a écrit :
> superespectacularisimamente-spambuster at yahoo.fr
> wrote:
> > Thanks a lot for the info. I followed all the
> > procedures (installed packages, set locale, etc..)
>
> > but I keep getting this message:
> >
> > (root at microtronyx:root)# /sbin/service IIim start
> > Starting IIIMF input server: su: user htt does not
> > exist [FAILED]
>
> I don't know the first thing about IIIMF but this
> error message means
> that there is no user "htt" on your system. This
> should have been set up
> by the preinstall script for the iiimf-server RPM
> but for some reason
> this has not happened. Are you using the FC3
> iiimf-server package or one
> from elsewhere?
>
> You may be able to fix this problem by manually
> adding the account:
>
> # /usr/sbin/useradd htt -c "IIIMF Htt" -r \
> 	-s /sbin/nologin -d /usr/lib/im -M

I used FC2 packages.

Thanks Paul. That partially fixed the problem. Now
everything seems to be running

(root at microtronyx:root)# /sbin/service IIim status
htt (pid 7953) is running...

but when I try to launch gedit as follows:
(didier at microtronyx:didier)$ LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 \
GTK_IM_MODULE=iiim gedit

I get the Japanese menu and stuff but it gives me the
message:

"Can't communicate with IIIM server"

with best regards,
Didier.