HELP resolv.conf is erased

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Jan 25 16:00:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 10:49 -0500, jim lawrence wrote:
> > You might want to try the latest CVS which can be compiled with, or
> > without, named support.
> >
> i had a update a day or 2 ago about NM  NM Gnome  here is what i have installed
> NetworkManager-0.3.3-1.cvs20050119.2.fc3
> NetworkManager-gnome-0.3.3-1.cvs20050119.2.fc3

I have no idea how those are compiled. There have been a number of
updates over the last week and you might be better off with a custom
compile.

2005-01-24  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* panel-applet/gtkcellview.[ch]
	  panel-applet/menu-info.c
		- Fix GTK version checks to be <= rather than <

	* test/Makefile.am
		- Include the libtool archive of libnm_glib rather than
			trying to pull in the .so

2005-01-24  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* src/NetworkManagerDevice.c
	  src/NetworkManagerDevicePrivate.h
		- Block nm_device_new() until our device's worker thread has had a
			chance to start up.  Fixes a race between main thread and worker
			thread starting that caused activation requests to get lost.

2005-01-24  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* initscript/RedHat/NetworkManager
		- Remove the ### BEGIN INIT INFO section, which caused chkconfig
			to add the NM startup script at priority 50, which was
			way too early

2005-01-24  Colin Walters  <walters at redhat.com>

	* named/named.conf: Use any port for query source instead of
	restricting to port 53.

2005-01-24  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* initscript/RedHat/NetworkManager
		- Remove the ### BEGIN INIT INFO section, which caused chkconfig
			to add the NM startup script at priority 50, which was
			way too early

2005-01-24  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	Patch from Tom Parker <palfrey at tevp.net>
	* Fix up compile warnings & errors in the wireless applet

2005-01-24  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* panel-applet/NMWirelessApplet.c
		- Convert 24x24 icons back to 22x22 and use the 22x22 ones

2005-01-24  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* panel-applet/gtkcellview.[ch]
		- Only compile these files for GTK 2.4 or lower, since
			GtkCellView is now public in GTK 2.6.  Fixes crasher
			when choosing "Other Wireless Networks" from the panel
			applet menu

2005-01-21  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* src/NetworkManager.c
		- Daemonize earlier so that glib doesn't get confused (?)

2005-01-21  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* panel-applet/NMWirelessApplet.[ch]
	  panel-applet/NMWirelessAppletDbus.c
	  panel-applet/menu-info.c
	  src/NetworkManagerDevice.c
		- Disable wired devices in the menu when they have no link.

2005-01-21  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* Cache last-known-good wireless authentication method in
		NetworkManagerInfo, and use that method first during
		wireless device activation.  Should speed up devices that
		need Shared Key authentication method since Open System is
		now the default.

	* Remove the hack to not do full activation on wired connections
		that are active when we launch, it causes too many problems
		with name resolution and was a hack in the first place.

	* Re-work wireless device activation again somewhat to have a
		clearer chain of events and to use last-known-good
		authentication method of the access point.  Also provide
		better status throughout activation to ensure the applet
		can tell the user exactly what's going on.

	* Remove the "find wireless network" code and now simply attempt
		to activate with that access point.  This reduces the delay
		between selecting "Other wireless Network" and actually
		connecting to that network.

	* Correctly stop the device's worker thread when its removed.

2005-01-21  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* dhcpcd/client.c
		- Clean up some of the debug messages

2005-01-21  Dan Williams  <dcbw at redhat.com>

	* Add new icons, more frames of animation
	* Remove some hacks to get the panel applet to display correct
		status, an NM update will soon follow that will fix the
		real issue.

2005-01-19  Kjartan Maraas  <kmaraas at gnome.org>

	* panel-applet/NMWirelessApplet.c: #include <config.h> must be
	the first include for working i18n. Also, don't include it in .h files
	* panel-applet/NMWirelessApplet.h: Same
	* panel-applet/NMWirelessAppletOtherNetworkDialog.c: Same
	* panel-applet/menu-info.c: Same

Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
http://www.TQMcube.com