Broken crontab/anacron

Brian Ashe rhlist at dee-web.com
Tue Jan 25 16:21:47 UTC 2005

On Monday January 24, 2005 4:07 pm, James Pifer wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 11:08, Robert Nichols wrote:
> > James Pifer wrote:
> > > I rebuilt one of my systems last week using FC3 and somehow I broke
> > > anacron or crontab. It hasn't run since Jan 20th according to what is
> > > in root's mailbox.

I'm not sure if you've checked, but there was an update to vixie-cron on 1/19/2005.
Seems a little too much of a coincidence that you would have cron fail the day
after that update. Have you tried...

rpm -q --qf "%{name}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} %{INSTALLTIME:date}\n" vixie-cron
...to see if/when you updated it (the current version is vixie-cron-4.1-20_FC3 )

rpm -Vv vixie-cron
...to verify that the package installed correctly from the update.

If all that is OK, then try installing the old package off the CDs to see if makes the
problem go away. If so, then perhaps you have something to bugzilla.

--
Brian Ashe - CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.