Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 17:39:58 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:
> I suspect that a very small percentage of the fedora users actually find
> the list.

You're almost certainly right, there.

very visible on Google. So the advice we give is likely to be found by
anyone entering the right search terms.

> It seems that the great majority of users here are experienced users and
> very few are new users.

Um. I suspect that the new users tend to post one or two questions, then
beetle off. The experienced users tend to make tens or hundreds of posts
a month, and have long discussions over policy, packaging and
repositories.

I suspect that the volume puts people off: I'm not sure what we can do
about that: since there is very little real "noise" on the list.

I suspect that a lot of people feel very nervous about posting what they
think will be a simple question. Folks, we are here to help! Don't worry
that your question might be thought basic: as long as you've tried to
research it yourself, we won't mind.

James.
--
James Wilkinson       | WARNING:  Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL again will restart
Exeter    Devon    UK | your computer.  Then again, what won't?  You will