Installation of Tar and development tree rpm packages

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Tue Jan 25 20:07:17 UTC 2005

Thanks, Paul.  I suspected that was the case.

Thus far I have not been brave (foolhardy?) enough to try building RPMs
from source.

Recent exchanges on list, though, have provided enough info to prompt an
attempt or two.

I gather that the key is lies in assuring that the libraries application
developers identify as needed to support an application release reside
somewhere on my system and their location is defined for the rpm build.