(no subject)

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:14:01 UTC 2005

Gee, you are really up against the wall.  The latest kernel is too big
to fit on a floppy.  So unless maybe you can get the bootdisk kernel
info onto a thumbdrive or something like that, there really is no
other way that I know of, with FC3 anyway...

Your box must really be old not to be bootable from the CDrom drive.
Actually age may not have anything to do with it since old ones did.
Is the cdrom drive damaged or not installed properly? Any other
hardware problems?  Have you been in the BIOS to investigate this?
(no offense if you've already done your homework here)

There may be a solution for you to install FC2 with the boot floppy
that came with that, and then try to upgrade.  That might be your best
option, provided your cdrom drive works for you.  Everything is at
fedora.redhat.com.  Good luck

Marc