intel 845G multiple monitors

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jan 25 23:58:15 UTC 2005

Andrew Matthews wrote:
> i have 3 video cards, 1 intergrated intel 845, 1 pci nvida, 1 pci
> radeon... both the pci cards work but the intel display shows a crazy
> corupt screen and X ignores it, and the other two monitors work
> perfectly.
>
> and when i try to reboot it won't because the intel 845 basicly
> freezes the system on a refresh.
>
> But if i run it with only the intel in the config it works just fine.
> Otherwise it shows a really really bad output on the screen. And it's
> not a resolution problem.
>
> Any Suggestions?

I have seen this  effect using an 815 card. I believe the memory ranges
used for the intel, ati and radeon overlap when using dual configuration
mode.

I have not seen any help with this problem to date. There are a limited
amount of display drivers, maybe selecting memory ranges for the cards
that do not overlap other cards memory allocation can be developed.

Jim