Xmms and gnome virtual folders

Gene Wilson etwilson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 01:32:42 UTC 2005

I use gnome's "connect to server" function in Nautilus to create
folders on my desktop that connect to a samba share on our home server
(another fedora box).  This works pretty much like connecting to a
shared folder using windows (although faster).  The problem is that
there does not seem to be any way for XMMS to "see" the directories
and files within those folders on my desktop.  Is there any way to get
this to work?  Any settings or plugins for XMMS that would make it
work with Gnome's virtual file system?  Yes, I can and do just use
"mount -smbfs" to mount a directory so that XMMS can use the files but
you would think that XMMS would work better with Gnome (or maybe it
does and I'm just using it wrong).