pretty up2date vs reliable yum?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jan 26 07:48:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 15:51 -0600, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> I use gyum (google for it, I don't remember the URL for it) on FC3 and
> it works frankly quite well... Only downside is that if you have a lot
> of repos configured on your yum.conf or yum.repos.d, it will take a
> WHILE syncing. Other than taht is works pretty much like yumi on FC2

gyum is very small variation on yumi; it's mainly the same code.

I was under the impression from Thomas's description of gyum at
http://www.fedoranews.org/tchung/gyum/2.0/ that it did not look
in /etc/yum.repos.d at all, and instead used its own configuration
file /etc/gyum.conf (hence making it a hack and not a true GUI for yum
2.1.x). Is that not the case?

See also yumex for another GUI for yum:
http://www.fedoranews.org/tchung/yumex/
This one does appear to share repo definitions with yum properly.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>