strange 2.5m pause in Fedora2 boot.

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Wed Jan 26 08:02:06 UTC 2005

I find this very strange.
I have Fedora2 on a half dozen machines, and only one is showing this
problem.

In RedHat8 the boot proceeds smoothly, as you would expect.
In the newly installed Fedora2 (different partition), on the first page
of output from the boot there is a 2.5minute pause.

What I see is, the first page of output (listing the kernel name)
down thru:

    Uncompressing Linux ...
    ACPI ...
    Audit( ... )

and then this 2.5minute pause.
After the pause the boot continues just fine, and I see NO errors or
warnings anywhere.

The hardware itself is an Intel 3GHz processor on a D845PEBT2 motherboard.

Anyone seen this problem before?
Any thoughts?

Seems someone must be scanning hardware, or file systems, or something,
but that early in the boot seems rather strange.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com