Upgrading kernel in ISO images

Bruno Eteve bruno.eteve at ej2p.com
Wed Jan 26 09:05:19 UTC 2005

Hello,
I've downloaded Fedora Core 3 ISO images a few weeks ago and want
to install it on a Dell PowerEdge SC420 with SATA hard disks.

Unfortunately, the SATA driver fails to recognize the controller.

I installed Fedora Core 3 on a IDE (PATA) drive, upgraded the kernel
via up2date, and could access the SATA drive.

I understand that the new kernel version supports the SATA controller
(ICH6R) better than the kernel embedded in my ISO images.

I wonder if :
- the ISO images on the Fedora web site are upgraded with new kernel versions

or

- how could I rebuild an Fedora installer with a newer kernel version ?

Any clue ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Bruno Eteve - http://www.ej2p.com
How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?