Website using port 85

Serge de Souza serge at cs.curtin.edu.au
Wed Jan 26 16:04:18 UTC 2005

Steven J. Brown wrote:
> When I browse to other sites such as www.redhat.com, I see the domain
> name in my browser's status bar.  When I browse to my site, however, I
> see my server's IP address.  I thought, perhaps, that if I could fix it
> so that when you browse to my site, you see the domain name (in the
> browser's status bar) instead of the IP address, this might allow my
> site to slip through at work.

You may be looking for the "UseCanonicalName" option in apache
apparently it says :

### UseCanonicalName:  (new for 1.3)  With this setting turned on, whenever
### Apache needs to construct a self-referencing URL (a URL that refers back
### to the server the response is coming from) it will use ServerName and
### Port to form a "canonical" name.  With this setting off, Apache will
### use the hostname:port that the client supplied, when possible.  This
### also affects SERVER_NAME and SERVER_PORT in CGI scripts.

Serge