FC as network firewall.

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Jan 26 18:20:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 18:03 +0100, Franco wrote:
> Hi, i have a PIV 2.7 Ghz with 768 MB with 2 NIC card,
> can someone help me to configure it as firewall for my
> public subnet?

With apologies for the fact that I have not finished the document, I
would recommend that you read and follow my "Bare-Bones Server HOWTO"
which you can find at:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

I suggest that you follow this document as far as it goes, then perform
the final firewall configuration by following Shorewall's excellent
Quick-Start Guides and documentation.

You'll end up with a good system in just an hour or two, and then
Shorewall will easily handle your advanced needs as well further on.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>