Wine: linux directory to Windows drive letter mapping.

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:20:48 UTC 2005

I followed the instructions in section 5.4 of

http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-user/config-drive-main

to try to get my /home/morganm/pub directory mapped to P: in wine. Like this:
------
[morganm at morganm_fc3 dosdevices]$ ln -s ~/pub p:
[morganm at morganm_fc3 dosdevices]$ ls -l
total 8
lrwxrwxrwx  1     500          500 10 Dec 13 17:44 c: -> ../drive_c
lrwxrwxrwx  1 morganm Domain Users 17 Jan 26 14:19 p: -> /home/morganm/pub
lrwxrwxrwx  1     500          500  1 Dec 13 17:44 z: -> /
------
(I actually have a shared drive mounted there, and on our Windows
computers we call that drive P:, so this would serve to emulate our
Windows setup and mean that config files written for windows will work
under wine). But when I run notepad.exe under wine, the P: drive
doesn't show up in file-open and file-save dialogs. Anybody know what
I'm doing wrong?

An older posting to this list suggested an app called winesetuptk. I
can find a lot of references to that app, but I can't find the actual
app.

Thanks,
Matt