Should I wait for Fedora Core 4? or "Dan t you don't scare me"

Bill Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jan 26 22:03:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-26-01 at 15:44 -0500, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:

> > Xemacs will not recognize my super(win) or my shift key as a
> modifier
> > keys.  After some discussion on this list, a couple of weeks ago, it
> was
> > established that there was a bugzilla report on this problem and a
> > Fedora/Xemacs fix was required. I am waiting for that fix.
> >
> > Yelp has just released version 2.9 - I believe - with access to info
> and
> > man included, but I read that the final fix would be Yelp version
> 2.10,
> > that would be included with Gnome 2.10 which would only be included
> with
> > Fedora Core 4.  Is this not true?
> >
> > I was trying to ask in short form, if these two things in particular
> > would be fixed in Core 4 and/or are they fully fixed now and can I
> apply
> > them to Core 3 without too much difficulty.

> Bill -
>
> have you tried perhaps giving a hand at building your own RPMs?  If
> you've never done this before, it can be quite a daunting task

I accept your challenge.  If I can get a bit of help from the list.  I
have the RedHat Maximum RMP manual plus all the normal man etc.  If
there is a particularly good site for learning (tutorials?) how to make
rpm's that information would be helpful.

>  After that, perhaps you can make the packages available to
> those who are in the same position as you.

Yea, if I can get others to risk trying it.

> If all else fails, I suppose you'd still ahve the experneice and
> knowledge on how to do something like this in the future.  I'm sorry
> that I cannot be of more help.
>
> Thanks
> -dant

Would the Yelp 2.9.whatever be the easiest.  It should already have all
the parts in place??  Doesn't the Xemacs bug thing need a fix and
recompilation first?

Regards Bill