Newbie in need of serious help

Paul F. Almquist paul at almquist.name
Wed Jan 26 23:39:04 UTC 2005

> Hey folks,
> I have been a WinXp user for years--Sorrrrrry, But I wiped it off and
> installed Fedora Core v3. I love it and I must say it runs soooooomuch
> better than Windows. All my peripherals work except my MFC from Brother.
> The particular model I have is the MFC-3820CN. The printer configuration
> has pretty much all but my unit. Brother has no updates or assistance to
> offer and I am clueless on working inside of Linux command lines. Please
> help, I need this machine to do my scanning and copying functions. I'd hate
> to have to wipe this off and put windows back on.
>
> Thanks all, I hope to learn more from all your posts
> Christopher
I cannot help on configuration of your MFC but offer an "if all else fails"
solution.  I have had an HP printer-scanner-copier for July, 1999.  The model
I have is the OfficeJet R40, which has been replaced by newer models.
It has been working well for me.  Mine cost about 600$ when new and did not
have scanner support at the time.  Then the HPOfficeJet project happened and
all is well.  Some new HP printer-scanner-copiers cost less than half of what
I paid.  I just installed Fedora 3 and still have it all working.

paul
--
Paul F. Almquist
paul at almquist.name