Fedora wireless access - NetworkManager or other

John Lagrue admin at moraystudio.com
Thu Jan 27 00:19:08 UTC 2005

With the latest version of NetworkManager I now have working fine with
my system. The fact that underneath the bonnet I'm running ndiswrapper
doesn't seem to bother it at all.

However, there's one configuration parameter that I can't find how to
set. Many wireless access points hold more than one WEP key; in order to
connect to it a client needs both the key and the index number of the
set of keys on the wireless station. Under WinXP the setting for this
index is part of the Advanced configuration; but how do I set it on
Fedora? There doesn't seem to any such option anywhere - and until I
find out how I won't be able to connect to the wireless network at work.

All help greatly appreciated.

JDL