FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Thu Jan 27 06:17:41 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Corrigan" <lightingisfun at gmail.com>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!

>I think the troll statement was supposed to mean something along the
> lines of "Don't complain when using FC3 in Virtual PC." It's like
> running emulated console games under the PC, the quality will never be
> the same due to optimizations, emulation compatibility, memory
> allocation, hardware emulation and other technical stuff.

Nope - the troll statement was in reference to someone coming to the FC
community and firing off with the subject "FC3 sucks."  The OP was either
looking for a hostile response or just being stupid.

> FYI: Newbies won't understand everything right away, it's a fact of
> life. It takes time. This list is for people who need help so feel
> free to post whenever you're stuck.

But if you're going to post at least try to dredge up a clue about how to
treat the list.  Insults will not get you far.

> When refering to the name calling I think it's beacuse linux people
> aren't as tolerant when it comes to product quality and sometimes
> expect everyone to know exactly what they know.

Nope, not at all.  I have helped and will gladly help newcomers.  But
someone coming into the FC community and starting off by saying FC3 sucks
and then following up by making a baseless comparison to Windows as if
Windows were better, and then asks a question which shows that he has done
no research at all isn't doing a very good job of asking for help.

> I don't know what Microsoft newsgroups there are to compare w/ considering
> that
> discussing windows source code is impossible and requesting
> features/help is like talking to a voice recorder, you never know if
> anyone is listening.

Windows mailing lists are just as rife with this kind of bad behavior.  So
are Mac groups.  And BSD.  And Solaris.  It's not a Linux thing.

Thomas