FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!

Edward Yang neo_in_matrix at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 27 07:57:47 UTC 2005

Jeramy Ross wrote:

>Calling someone a troll is more of an Internet newsgroup culture thing
>than Linux centric.  Search through newsgroup postings for the word
>troll and you'll see that it lives in a large variety of groups
>(Windows centric groups as well).
>
>Does this have anything to do with the Linux culture?  I'm not a
>sociologist so I am not in a position to say.  Since I can find it
>everywhere from automotive groups to zebra mussel control discussion
>groups.. I would have to guess that it is not.
>
>Perhaps the problem (as pointed out by others including Craig) lies
>with your subject (the whole "FC3 sucks" bit tends set off attitude
>flags) and general perceived attitude in your message.  If you have
>questions, seek help, etc. then ask your questions, request help, and
>I am pretty sure someone will be more than happy to assist you with
>out you needing to say anything sucks or give the general idea that
>you're a hot head, have already given up and just using the list to
>vent, etc.
>
>Cheers,
>Jeramy
>

>On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:56:29 +0800, Edward Yang
><neo_in_matrix at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>

>>Craig I am relatively new to Linux culture. One
>>thing I know is that I have *never* seen any post in Windows progarmming
>>forums/mailing lists/newsgroups that someone calls someone else a *troll* or
>>something.
>>
>> Does Linux culture encourage name calling? I say so because I can always
>>find such words as *troll* *moron* everywhere on *Linux* forums/mailing
>>list/newsgroups.

In my 7 years of Windows progarmming life, I post many more flaming
posts to Windows forums/newsgroups. But I never knew such a word as *troll*.

I started learning Linux progarmming about half year ago and would you
please use your intelligence and tell me why I first learned the word at
a Linux google group when I posted a newbie question about sh? I even
did not write such words as 'suck', 'bad'.