Unable to install RedHat Fedora 3 on Precision 670 with Adaptec SCSI HostRAID A320 RAID

Thorsell Göran (thorssell) goran.thorssell at volvo.com
Thu Jan 27 10:51:54 UTC 2005

Hi

We have a bunch of Precision 530 and 650 and they work fine with RedHat 8.0 but now we have this new model of Precision, 670 and we have some issues. When we tried to install RH8.0 on it it complained about not finding the harddrive devices. We then tried the latest fedora image and we got the same problem. It seems like the problem is connected to the SCSI controller driver. Has anyone else managed to install RedHat (of any type) on Dell Precision 670 with Adaptec SCSI HostRAID A320 RAID successfully?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Goran