Evolution Runaway Process

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Thu Jan 27 16:24:11 UTC 2005

Help with diagnostic.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Suddenly, evolution is
consuming over a gb of memory, the hd is thrashing and the system is
virtually hijacked. I was lucky enough to have a term open and 2 zombies
are identified in top (which took five minutes to load).

I do have a large (200mb) local message archive which, possibly, evo is
indexing.

It looked like this would continue until evo ate the entire swap file so
I killed it. Any ideas on tracking this down?