Why I think FC3 sucks!

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Jan 27 18:29:23 UTC 2005

Hmm... There may yet still be a reason why you notice such a slowdown
with FC3 when compared to FC1&2: SELinux... Yes, it increases system's
security, but on some cases it may be too much an overhead to the system
and indeed a system hog. In my case since I use custom built kernels
(due some odd hardware that I would not be able to use otherwise) I have
to shut down SELinux to successfully boot the kernel (other wise the
audit will fail and boot will stop). Try that and see if your
performance increases... I'm sure many on the list think otherwise
regards this, but in my experience it has worked.... I went from 106
processes (fresh boot into my session) to 83 when disabled this.