Dumb question: 7 & 9 button mice under Xorg.

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Jan 27 19:53:05 UTC 2005

    Ok here's the deal... I have a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse
Explorer 2.0 mouse. Back in the FC2 days I could use xmodmap to actually
remap the mouse buttons, as long as they were specified in xorg.conf to
7 buttons (you know options mousebuttons=7 or something like that, then
map the z axis to the 6th and 7th button) However I don't seem able to
do that in Core 3... Why? What's the best way to do this, and where
would be the best file to place the xmodmap statement?