Newbie needing help

Steve Brueckner steve at atc-nycorp.com
Thu Jan 27 23:11:36 UTC 2005

SELinux can really complicate matters for Linux newbies.  I recommend you
disable it on install.  This may clear up problems 1 through 3.

Problem 4 is often due to updates defaulting to the same server.  After you
reinstall, check out this webpage on how to change your configuration files
to use a mirror instead of the overloaded redhat servers:

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror

I'm sure you'll still have issues after you do these two things, but try
them first then come back to us.

Good luck; Linux is hard to learn but very gratifying once you get it!

 - Steve