FC3 installtion differences across multiple machines

Bill ngc4013 at cox.net
Thu Jan 27 14:03:05 UTC 2005

Subject line says it all. I have installed the full FC3 install across 5
servers and probably about 8 workstations so far with more to come.
There is a strange thing that I see happen across so many machines in a
short time which makes them more noticable. I find that every so often
there are differences in the configuration after a new installation.
They usually are minor such as the /etc/hosts file is empty, I had to
add in the "127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain" line. This I have seen
before with RH9 and FC2 and now with FC3. It makes me wonder that if due
to very minor differences between each motherboard, even though they are
all the same and purchased together, the FC3 install alters things just
ever so slightly.

Anyone else ever see this?

Bill

PS: It is not Redhat specific either, I have had it happen with SuSE too.