Simple database application...OO.org?

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Fri Jan 28 04:00:03 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 20:08, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>

>>Oh...so that's the problem, I have to wait. I couldn't really figure out
>>when they plan to release a stable with the database component, any idea?
>>A database compontent is an essential part of some high school comsci
>>sylabuses.
>>

>Why not use postgresql and pgadmin3?
>
>You can combine that with PHP or several other languages to do all kinds
>of database work.

I'm interested in this for the high schools in my country who belive
that M$ Office is the end all be all computing. The comsci syllabus here
uses an Wordprocessor+spreadshet+database combination. So it would be
terribly difficult for me to suggest OO if there's no such database
component. I myself have very little need for such.