SC420 and Vesa driver in FC3

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Jan 28 04:41:34 UTC 2005

Matt Florido wrote:

>Encountered my first minor problem with the installation of FC3.  I
>can't seem to obtain a higher resolution than 1024x768.
>
>FC3 is using the generic Vesa driver.  I've attempted to change monitor
>settings, but nothing will take.  From what I've read, the Vesa is an
>acceptable driver.  Is there something I should attempt?

Could you please send me your xorg.conf file, so I could take a look and
see if there's something wrong... I've got a couple ideas of where the
problem might be located... Also, what are your monitor's values of
hsync and vsync, those are VERY important too... And what's the maximum
resolution your monitor supports?