Anyone know of any Linux Auto CAD programs?

Joel Stookey lecheval at my180.net
Fri Jan 28 06:20:46 UTC 2005

-----Original Message----- From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Gain Paolo Mureddu
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 5:49 PM To: James Marcinek; For users
of Fedora Core releases Subject: Re: Anyone know of any Linux Auto CAD
programs? James Marcinek wrote:

>>Is anyone using any Auto CAD programs for linux. I'd be interested in both

Open

>>Source and commercial based solutions.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>James

If you're interested in a light architectural package, you might want to
look at CYCAS from http://www.cycas.de/.  If you've used AutoCAD, the
learning curve with CYCAS is a short one and more or less intuitive.
While the light version is free, I believe the "Professional" one is
available for well under US $100 and includes a much more extensive
library and more of the features found in AutoCAD or Chief Architect,
both of which are very expensive.  Very easy to install and no
configuration issues in FC1.

--
le Fureteur