Fedora Community: Under threat?

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 12:32:31 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>> Paul Howarth wrote:
>>
>>> This mailing list is already available in forum format at:
>>> http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=10
>>>
>>> I much prefer mailing lists to forums personally, and if this list was
>>> to become forum-only, I wouldn't be here. It's just too much hassle to
>>> trawl through forums IMHO.
>>>
>>> Paul.
>>>
>> While I also prefer mailing list, I cannot deny the usefulness of web
>> forums, especially when there's lots of traffic like in this list, which
>> can lead to inbox or mail-box (as a whole) flooding... Even though in a
>> mailing list you also choose what to read and to pass, just as in a
>> forum, you also are left to clean your mail-box, which is not needed in
>> the web-forum... For not-so-populated mailing lists like the ALSA-users
>> one, I'd rather use my e-mail client... though for a list with the
>> amount of traffic this one has... I'd rather use the web interface.
>
> I can certainly understand why many people would prefer to access this
> list as a forum, but I'm not one of them. Having the option of both, as
> at present, is the best way I think.

There is another option that no-one has mentioned yet, and that is to view
the mailing list as a 'news' list through the gmane servers. I'm currently
reading through this thread, and replying through 'KNode', so its obviously
working. :)

Just my 2p's worth
Sharon.
--
 12:30:39 up 1 day,  4:16,  2 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.13, 1.20
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html