Fedora Core 3 Sound Problems....?

Seng Lee slchew at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:52:28 UTC 2005

Hi there,

 I'm new at this Linux thing and i've just installed Fedora Core 3 on
my desktop, so i hope someone would be kind enough to help me out with
my problems.

After installing Fedora, the first thing i notice is that i can't play
any VCD, DVD or even normal audio CDs; I "tested" my soundcard and it
work find because i can hear the sample sound played in the "Sound
Card Detection" section and i can also hear all the system events
sounds.... so far that is my worries after installing Fedora into my
desktop apart from not being able to access my NTFS partition but that
i can solve..... so pls help me out with my sound ( & video )
problems. thanks.