Fedora Community: Under threat?

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:58:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:37:29 -0600, Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
>
> Digest works swell for reading and it's no big deal to reply via gmane.

Sure, as long as people remember to fix their subject lines when
replying to digest messages that works fine.

And I also agree that it helps to use an e-mail reader that can thread
properly. I was using my Yahoo account for these messages until a few
weeks ago, and now I am using Gmail. Gmail will automatically group
all threads into "conversations". It's easy to simply click on a
conversation and archive it. It's also easy to filter out
conversations and send them directly to the trash (i.e. the suck/flame
threads).

But I want to put my comments here as well about the original post. I
also agree with Darren (original poster) that the contents of these
messages lately have been out of hand.

Of course the last thing Darren wanted was for this thread to turn
into another "fedora sucks" or "fedora flame #1"... or was it? Look
how many responses there are already. This thread has nothing to do
with making contributions or helping solve people's problems. Darren
complains about flame-bait, and look what has happened.

This board should be about us making suggestions and helping each
other. If you want to start another message list just to talk about
message lists, go ahead. But leave this one for issues involving
Fedora, not the posters.

Is the Fedora Community under threat? Certainly, and it's because of
posts like this.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't claim to be an expert in anything... Linux, or mailing
lists... but I do try to help out other people, and in return, when I
have an issue, I hope other people will help me out.

--

David