BIOS update

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jan 28 16:15:51 UTC 2005

jim lawrence wrote:
> ho all,  I went to my manufactures website and noticed that they have
> a BIOS update abvailible.  Am I going to curse myself if i install it
> ? is Fedora gonna scream at me?  I have my notebook dual booted with
> wintrash, (haven't used it in a few weeks) and the installer is for
> wintrash, so is fedora gonna cry murder if I update the bios?

I have done bios updates over the years and I have never run into
problems.  My ASUS board doesn't require any OS or anything to update
the BIOS.  Just put the floppy with the BIOS on it and boot.  Hit a
couple of keys and let the machine do its thing.  :)

This is a good point in purchasing any new computer for Linux, does it
require Windows to do updates.

--
Robin Laing